DRI International, in cooperation with Business Continuity Managers Association of the Philippines (BCMAP), held its first DRI Collegiate Conference in the Philippines on March 16, 2017 at De La Salle University – Manila. In attendance were 180 participants: 80 business continuity practitioners and 100 students with interests in business continuity and disaster recovery.
The theme of this inaugural conference was “Business Continuity in the Philippines and the Latest Trends in Business Continuity.” DRI Executive Director Chloe Demrovsky presented on current trends and careers in the industry. The other featured presenters were:
- Raymundo Suplido, FSC, DLSU
- Sir Ramil Cabodil, BCMAP
- Angeli Medina, NYHHS NYC
- Brian Gozun, DLSU College of Business
- Renato Solidum, Jr., Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
- Congressman Joey Salceda, 2nd District, Province of Albay (pictured)
- Dick Africa, Central Bank of the Philippines
- Butch Meily, Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation, and
- Rachel Quero, De La Salle University and MFI Foundation.
The conference also included round table discussions with speakers and students. To close the event, Chloe Demrovsky presented Sir Ramil Cabodil of DRI Philippines with a certificate to recognize the newly founded DRI Philippines as a valued training partner.
Presentations featured at the collegiate conference can be found in DRI’s resource library. You can view pictures of this successful collegiate conference, as well as past events, in DRI’s Flickr photo album. To learn more about upcoming Collegiate Confrences, visit DRI’s Collegiate Conference page.